What's new

TheLocalLegend

Price $
State
CALIFORNIA
City
San Diego
I know this is a Laser forum, but I figure there may be some crossover so bear with me!

I am looking for a used Finn Dinghy in the San Diego area. All boats considered.

Thanks for your time. Sail fast and stay safe people!

Cactus Cowboy

Born in Dago and lived there for decades, and I must say that I hardly ever saw ads for Finns... they're nice boats, I reckon the owners preferred to hang onto them. Every now and then, I'd see a whole fleet of them on South Bay, some sailing out of CYC in Glorietta Bay. Always wanted to sail one but never got the chance, and I already had my Laser... ah, well, maybe you'll find one, might try posting a wanted ad on the bulletin board at various clubhouses. One thing I remember about the Finns, they could point pretty high, sailing right next to the wind... I always enjoyed watching them under the hands of a good skipper and crew member. Fast boats too for monohulls, pretty good overall design. Well, good luck to ya, hopefully you find one... :cool:

Cactus Cowboy

Hmm, I just Googled the Finn and it's described as a singlehanded boat, yet I saw two persons aboard during the fleet races... maybe that was some youth program. Still nice boats... I also saw some website where Finns are listed for sale, something like dinghyracingusa.com? There was a Facebook page too for Finn owners, maybe they list some for sale... :confused: