Finally got rid of nagging elbow tendonitis from sailing

ConnorP

My own stubborn-ness (repeated use of my arm while on the water, despite nagging pain) left me with elbow tendonitis for like 2 1/2 months. Just thought I'd share how the three key things I did to get rid of it, since I know it's a problem.

1. Give it some rest and when you're ready, stretch everyday. The secret is to do forearm stretches, shoulder stretches, AND wrist stretches.. there's a few at www.mobilitywod.com

2. If you want to speed healing and eliminate inflammation, supplement with joint health nutrients and cissus. I used Elbow Revive simply because it's not expensive, it is effective, and has everything you need in it (www.elbowrevive.com). You could also buy each ingredient separate, but it'd be a pain in the ass.

3. Do eccentric exercises like reverse wrist curls (just google for others). These help strengthen the muscles and tendons so that the injury doesn't return.

After doing all of these three thing religiously for like 6 weeks, I'm feeling like I'm back to where I was before the injury. Hope that helps. Stay healthy, peeps.

Thanks! I had the same thing I gave myself rock climbing, amongst other things. I am currently not able to start my outboard with my right arm. Though after a month of practice, my left is becoming more useful to me. I've had a lot of success with Ice and Saunas. I'll give the diet a whirl.

Back