fanny pads

preston

i can't stay on my boat, slicked it up so much that i am sliding all over. i am thinking about mounting some closed cell foam pads around the cockpit for comfort and a little more fanny grip. looking at a sleeping bag ground pad and cutting it to fit, velcro it down or silicone it in place. anyone aver tried this?

industrial velcro strips or maybe 3m 4200, i want to be able to take off and not harm the gel coat. 4200 should be ok not 5200.

Get some of that self-adhesive Velcro tape. Stick a few strips to your deck and some of the opposite type to the seat of your sailing shorts. Then when you sit on the deck the hooks and loops of the Velcro will hold you in place.

Oh? You want to be able to tack too?

i took care of it today with 15 dollar roll of non skid tape. i think it will work i also took off the wax around the cockpit. i guess i need to get some sailing shorts did not realize that they were grippies. man that is funny about velcro but not a bad idea.

I tried some self stick nonskid shower strips today.... Lets just say they didn't self stick long in the salty ocean.:mad:

i got mine at west marine. i think is was sea sense brand. but forget about that stuff. check out Sea Deck website. you can buy a non skidd pad that is self adhesive. man now that would be sweet. not to pricey. check it out!

Well I couldn't find anything mentioning anything put on the deck in the class rules http://www.sunfishclass.org/admin/ISCA_Regs/isca_class_rules03012003.htm
and you'll find the class measurer's attitude from back in the 60's ahs been, if it in't allowed specifically in the rules it's illegal.

Personally I never wanted anything what would "stick me" to the boat. Half the battle especially in waves and gust is slidding/moving QUICKLY to balance the boat.
Now padded racing shorts are another issue and with old style boats almost a necessity in heavy air when hiking off that aluminum rub rail.

Back