Class Politics Fall Newsletter...Very Nice!!

gouvernail

Super Opinionated and Always Correct
This one is as good as any by Broadribb, Faust, Jacobi , or me. Best part?? It is on time and there so all of us can use the ads for Christmas...which means Thanksgiving dinner hints and etc.

The content is certainly not the same as any of the above mentioned previous editors would have produced but the content meets the basic needs of the the game.

It also includes some really great stuff nobody else ever put in Laser Newsletters.

Further, as a newsletter, we have a product that can be left around in sailing clubs, anybody's waiting rooms and your favorite workout gym for this purpose>

A person might just pick up our newsletter, realize the folks described are intetresting, the game is interesting and ..if enough newsletters are strategically abandoned in enough places....We might just get some new playmates.

I am not going to add suggestions for further improvement in this note.
However..

I wish anyone else who has ideas would publish those ideas in this thread.

Why not just send them to the office??

Because, most ideas are imperfect; There are lots of other caring readers who might just read your thoughts and add to those thoughts.

If I am certain of anything about our dear dedicated secretaries, I know they would love to know more about what everybody else thinks might help the game grow. Perhaps they have previously considered your concept and they could not also invent a successful way to implement your concept.
Maybe they know how to implement what is only your undeveloped great idea.

Or maybe you will be asked to rough out an article about your concept.

Or maybe nobody will be the slightest bit interested in your concept because nobody else agrees with you.

Except for me.

I want to see if anybody has any ideas that are dumber than mine.

The way I see it, if you don't have a few ideas in the worst ten and some in the best ten, you aren't trying.

All of you ancients should answer the Masters Survey on pag 27.

Topic is splitting the locations of the Masters Midwinters and the regular Midwinters.

Wish they would have put an email address to reply to.

Me? I would love to sail the Masters Mid Winters in warm weather for a change.
Yes, I am a wimp.

i've raced the master mids last couple of years, they have been in Clearwater,FL. it was pretty warm. it was early Feb.
are they thinking of going farther south? i have to fly, no matter what, but the drivers may not want add another 12 or more hours(roundtrip) to the weekend. i will check out the poll.

Hi,

I received the following from Sherri:

For future regatta planning purposes, the Laser Master's Committee wants some feedback on your participation in East Coast Midwinter events. Please complete the attached survey and return it to Sherri at the ILCA-NA office via [email protected]. Thanks for your help.

Also, the class website can now be found at: www.nalaser.org

Regards,
Sherri Campbell
ILCA-NA Executive Secretary

Attachments

• Masters_Survey_form.doc
    45.5 KB · Views: 51
Didn't the newsletter used to be on the ILCA-NA web site ? I can't find it anywhere now. While I know you probably only want to make it available to members, it was good for sailors outside US to be able to access. In Aust our national organisation doesn't do anything like this newsletter.

Yeah I know about the website hijack and new address, but I can't find the newsletter on there.

Old issues of The Laser Sailor is archived on the ILCA-NA website and you can find them here.
You can find links to issues up to Spring 2006 but the latest issues will remain password protected for a while longer.

Of course, you can be sure to get the latest copy of The Laser Sailor delivered to your mailbox by following this link!

Back