Epic day with our lasers

Emilio Castelli

About 10 of us; mostly old farts.
Epic day!

Attachments

• bonita.jpg
    bonita.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 95
Sailing under that bridge would be a dream for me, but being on the other side of the country will probably remain so...

That is awesome, how long did it take to sail that track?

I’ve sailed under the Golden Gate Bridge exactly 6 times, but all 6 times it was under power - all steam turbine - 4 times under nuclear power, 2 times old fashioned oil fired boiler steam powered.

That was quite a haul even in an Olson 30 and a J/24 back in the day. How was the weather? It was like inhaling a BBQ up in Clearlake and carried all the way down to Fresno!

Emilio, I am new to this site. Great trip you did this week. How can I learn about future outings with Lasers. I am retired, so weekdays are great.
Michael

Emilio, I live in San Ramon and do enjoy sailing out of Richmond YC. How do you communicate when and where you will be getting together? Michael

Michael:
Two ways;
1- Laser district 24 mailing list laser-class-d24 Info Page . you have to sign up for this. This is the official mailing list for the district. All racing and notices come through this.
2- Richmond YC laser mailing list. Send me your email and I'll add you to this. This is just for practices out of Richmond YC; mostly old farts though...
E

Emilio,

Thank you for the subscription link to the local district. I subscribed today. I have tried without success in the past as many links are dead ends.

Yes, please add me to the RYC Laser mailing list. I would like to get out there soon. My email is: [email protected]

Do you have Mike's contact info for the Thursday sailing at TI?

Any Laser events in the Bay Area this weekend?

Michael

Hi Michael,

If you're interested in official racing, the Laser Norcal Championships will be held down in Santa Cruz on 9/19 by SCYC. I'm checking with our race committee to see if they are planning to hold a club race on Friday night as warm up event. We've historically done this in the past but plans changed this year when the Norcals got postponed in August.

I am interested, so please keep me posted. Working on my calendar to fit this event in.

Michael, I confirmed with our race committee that there unfortunately will not be a Friday night race this weekend. It's too late in the season to get the racing finished before sunset. So there will only be the Norcal races held Saturday.

Back