End of the Season?

Breeze Bender

Breeze Bender
My friend wants to go frostbiting this winter, but after yesterday’s first snow I’m not feeling so enthusiastic. It was pretty, but too damn cold! I think it’s the end of the season :(

Attachments

• B4F85AA1-6C68-4329-8B1B-7ACECBB470D3.jpeg
    B4F85AA1-6C68-4329-8B1B-7ACECBB470D3.jpeg
    628 KB · Views: 70
  • E1FEC14B-33E2-421A-8578-F24D9F2D13D7.jpeg
    E1FEC14B-33E2-421A-8578-F24D9F2D13D7.jpeg
    891.5 KB · Views: 60
Its supposed to be back into the 60s here in Central PA, so it looks like I can get in at least a couple more days of sailing.
I have kayakers in cold water before, but never sailed. I might experiment with wetsuit sailing when it gets down to the mid-40s, but after the past few very chilly nights I suspect it might be a very short experiment!

It's supposed to return to the mid 60s later this week in Northern Illinois. Might grab the drysuit and Sparky for one last autumn sail.

That's the spirit... booties, gloves & a neoprene surfing-style hood can go a long way toward staving off the cold. Even a ballcap helps hold in heat, one loses heaps of body heat from an exposed head. Particularly MY phat head, LOL. :confused:

Made the BEST damned homemade carne asada burritos earlier today, a big ol' batch using beef grilled on my BBQ... steaks, not flap meat, but man, oh man, is this batch ever good!!! I think it has magical powers... sure put me to sleep pronto in siesta mode, LOL. :rolleyes:

I never really follow a specific recipe, ya know, though I DO use certain ingredients every time... this time, I added some spices, and BBQd the beef with fresh lime juice, beer, and some red Hatch New Mexican chili powder (on top of fresh hot peppers in the veggie mix). WHOOOOWHEEEEE!!! :eek:

!!!AI, CARAMBA!!! HIJO DE PUTA!!! WAS THAT BURRITO MIX EVER DELICIOUS!!! DAMN, I'M GONNA HAVE ANOTHER BURRITO LATER TONIGHT, WITH SHREDDED CHEESE, GUACAMOLE & SOUR CREAM, THE WORKS, WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! ;)

But first, maybe some more beers and a movie... I started reading a book after I ate that first burrito this afternoon, and the Sandman was standing on my eyelids, sumb!tch must have clocked me while I wasn't looking, LOL. Sweet dreams though, very pleasant indeed... and I woke to KITTEHS!!! :cool:

IMG_0617.JPG

P.S. Breeze Bender, those initial photos are cool, reminds me of trucking back in the day and seeing sights like that on various lakes & rivers... :)

Last edited:
So I took out Sparky in my drysuit last week, but didn't really need the drysuit as warm as it was. I could have gone out today, 65 F, but the wind gusts were in the 40s! Knots, that is! I'm ok with capsizing, but not with getting blown into Indiana! (nothing against Indiana, you understand...)

Hey, I like "The Hoosier!" As truck drivers call it, LOL... good folks there, especially in the rural areas, and ya got the dunes up on Lake Michigan, those are cool. I had some good times in that state, including a boat ride on the Ohio River down south... and the Louisville Extreme Skatepark is right across that same river, that's a cool venue.

Back