duct tape

phantomdarkness

will duct tape leave marks on a sail?? i got a new racing sail, but my local sailing association can't seem to count 6 numbers, so they gave use a new 3 digit number. However, i'm going to buzzards and cork this year, so i don't want to put the new numbers on, so i want to use duct tape. I just want to know this. if i remove the duct tape, will it damage the sail?

The last four digits of your real sail number should be a different colour, will they accept that as your sail number?

nope. Their really stupid. They gave all laser standards and radials new numbers, three digits. They have to go on the top of the sail. Pisses me off. Like it will really help them... There are only at MOST 30 boats in a fleet. Most likely they'll finish in a pack of 2, mabye 3 boats. Stupid. :(

It sounds like you are talking about the LIS JSA id numbers -
If you are, JSA should be supplying them - check with your club/instructor

JSA last year required them to be near the top of the sail, so you can still lay down your official sail numbers in their location and have the JSA numbers near the head.

Duct tape will leave adhesive residue behind if it's allowed to stick to the sail for more than a couple of days..

Yup, i am talking about JSA.

I know all of that. It doesn't matter now, i put the numbers on. I guess i have to take them off now... :( OH well, reason 1 i hate JSA

Back