Class Politics drLaser's Outhaul under 2003 Interpretations

drLaser

Hi,

The article titled "drLaser's Outhaul" in the "Class & Racing Rules" and "Maintenance & Fitness" sections of the drLaser website was just revised to take into account the recent (2003) ILCA Interpretations.

The design maintains an unloaded ouhaul fairlead to minimize friction while ensuring a "moving line" passes through the fairlead. The approach is pretty much the same as that used in the recently announced revision of "drLaser's Cunningham".

One possible future "ILCA re-interpretation of the Interpretations" is taken into account to also present a pre-emptive redesign that addresses this possible "re-interpretation" of the underlying intent of the Rule Makers.

My goal is, and has always been, to get these World Council members to offer us clean and clear Class Rules for this one-design, not only by appropriate use of the language, but also by involving the Membership (as they are Constitutionally required to do so) whenever they invent new rules under the disguise of "interpreting" what they tried to but could not say.

I never thought I would say this, but "May God help ISAF".

Best regards to all,

Shevy Gunter
Member, ILCA-NA
http://www.drLaser.org

Back