Drain plug Minifish

barney1

The drainplug in my Minifish seems to take on a cup or two of water after a short time sailing; I leave the plug in because I am on a very small lake and there are no waves crashing over the hull; any one have an idea why this may be happening; thanks; this is the plug in the cockpit, opposite the bailer assembly on the bottom

It is probably not well sealed. I assume it is plastic, not metal? In either case it unscrew, so unscrew it and remove it, dry everything, and use silicone to run a bead around the boiler. Set in place on the outside of the boat, screw the fitting in the cockpit back in place and let it cure. Problem should be solved. Metal bailers can get frozen in place so hopefully yours is plastic.

It is probably not well sealed. I assume it is plastic, not metal? In either case it unscrew, so unscrew it and remove it, dry everything, and use silicone to run a bead around the boiler. Set in place on the outside of the boat, screw the fitting in the cockpit back in place and let it cure. Problem should be solved. Metal bailers can get frozen in place so hopefully yours is plastic.

thank you for your reply, I will try this

Back