Downhaul

BWright

Just bought a Mod 2 Capri 14.2 and have been out sailing once.

Great!

But where's the downhaul? The wind was really light so I can't say I really needed it, but apparently they aren't so equipped. So how does it work out without a downhaul?

Bruce Wright

Great!

But where's the downhaul? The wind was really light so I can't say I really needed it, but apparently they aren't so equipped. So how does it work out without a downhaul?

Bruce Wright
Bruce, I have an Omega which has a hole in the bottom of the boom fitting which is used for a down hall. there is also a cleet in the mast slot below the boom to tie off the line. Pictures of the 14.2 boom fitting show a hole in the top of the fitting to be used as a cunningham line atachment point. The drawing shows no downhall , but there must be a lock to hold the boom solid in place. You would then be able to tighten the main halyard to get the same effect as a downhall. I know the 14.2 sailors can tell you what they use to handle this situation. Down load the owners manuel and read all the good info. You will learn plenty, so good luck with your boat. Charley

Great!

Bruce Wright
Bruce, I have an Omega which has a hole in the bottom of the boom fitting which is used for a down hall. there is also a cleet in the mast slot below the boom to tie off the line. Pictures of the 14.2 boom fitting show a hole in the top of the fitting to be used as a cunningham line atachment point. The drawing shows no downhall , but there must be a lock to hold the boom solid in place. You would then be able to tighten the main halyard to get the same effect as a downhall. I know the 14.2 sailors can tell you what they use to handle this situation. Down load the owners manuel and read all the good info. You will learn plenty, so good luck with your boat. Charley

Back