Dolly Tie Down

Diddy

Suggestions for tieing Sunfish to Seitech dolly? When both are in water, and waves are bouncing boat around, I'm looking for quick way to secure boat to dolly so as I pull dolly from water, boat stays with dolly.

Suggestions welcome.

I live on a lake with steep hills surrounding it, I like to use a bungee cord with a hook attached on the end. I pull the rope through the handle of the boat, wrap in around the other end of the dolly handle, and secure it with the hook. Keeps my boat from falling off even at a 15* incline, hopefully it works for you as well.

I live on a lake with steep hills surrounding it, I like to use a bungee cord with a hook attached on the end. I pull the rope through the handle of the boat, wrap in around the other end of the dolly handle, and secure it with the hook. Keeps my boat from falling off even at a 15* incline, hopefully it works for you as well.
Thank you

We have a long bow line and throw a couple of quick wraps/figure 8s around the handle. Once the weight comes on the strap the boat settles down.

When we launch we have the bow line in one hand and once the boat floats free, we pull the dolly up and feed out bow line until the bow of the boat is nudging the strap, then pull the dolly the rest of the way onto the beach. The boat follows and noses up onto the beach. Reverse the procedure to load the boat.

Here's another way we tried, overkill.

Back