What's new

DIY unistrut dolly build

kevink16

I just finished my DIY dolly build. I tried to duplicate the design of the Seitech Dollys at my club and used Unistrut channel which I was surprised I haven't seen anyone else make use of in other DIY builds. In total it cost me about $130 to make. I have a welder so I welded on the axles and the handle bar but it'd definitely be possible to come up with alternative attachment ideas for someone without access to a welder. I still need to fabricate a bow support bracket but then she'll be good to go.

My favorite part about it is that in a less than a minute I can break it down into pieces and throw it in the truck bed with the boat for transport since I don't have a trailer.

20201018_163133.jpg20201018_163144.jpg20201018_163149.jpg20201018_163323.jpg

Cactus Cowboy

Nice job, should be fine with the weight you're moving around... and a dolly can be a real back saver, LOL. One of these days I'm gonna post a pic of my primitive wooden dolly (which worked great), just so you can see how much more advanced your model is, LOL. :eek:

Oh, yeah, that wooden dolly only cost me a few bucks to build, since I already had the lumber scraps and a pair of wheels from an old handcart. Had to buy the steel rod for the axle, and the large stainless eyescrews I used for line securement. Photo to follow at some point in the future... ;)

It wasn't a bad dolly at all, it allowed me to wheel my Minifish from the car (parked in the street) to the water's edge in Glorietta Bay Park, all by myself and no worries... plus the dolly fit in the trunk of 'The Mighty Camry' when I wasn't using it. Hey, whatever works, right? And the dolly worked just fine... :cool: