Dimension please

Serpant

Can anyone give me the dimensions of the curl down and under along the side of the cockpit and the approx. thickness of the fiberglass. My fish is at the lake and a want to make a clip to attach a grab handle to assist getting back in boat

Can anyone give me the dimensions of the curl down and under along the side of the cockpit and the approx. thickness of the fiberglass. My fish is at the lake and a want to make a clip to attach a grab handle to assist getting back in boat

surprised no answer .my boat is late 70s , stowage behind cockpit and newer rudder attach
That's helpful :) as you mean the inside lip of the cockpit? I'd say it's slightly more than 1½ inches.

That area is surprisingly thin. :eek: While drilling a small hole doesn't seem like much, any weight put—or pulled—on it could eventually result in starting spiderweb cracks. :oops: I attached my "grab-assist" to a previously-drilled hole. (As a swimmer, you only need one). Consider attaching a fiberglass patch underneath, out of sight, with an eye for an attachment. :cool:

Thankyou all . My intention was to drill A 3/8 hole thru the vertical web then push thru a 1/4 inch line and place a 1/4 washer over end of line and tie a figure eight . I will then put T handle on other end of line at a tbd. length.This handle will also provide for the attachment of a rope ladder which has a heavy bottom rung to make it hang vertically below waterline.
I have already tried this by using the top of the center board as my rope ladder attachment but although it worked ok it was a little to far forward.Hope this helps some of the older less agile like me.

Back