Difference between world's boat and regular sunfish

JERSEYJIM

Can someone give me an itemized list of the differences between the two boats and prices of the upgrades. Thanks in advance.

The Worlds Boats Are The Same Boat.vangard Builds 50-100 Of The Same Hull, Same Color, Packs Them In A Box And Ships Them To The Location Of The Worlds Event. The Boats Are Chartered And Used For 1 Week. Then Packed Back In The Box And Sold To Distributors At A Discount.many Of The Blades Are Never Used As Sailors Are Allowed To Bring Their Own.

The Only Differance Is The Sail's Are Multi Colored North Raceing Sail's Made In The Usa. Not Like Your Tipical White Raceing Sail Made In India Or Some Place Like That That I Can;t Spell.

The Raceing Package Is Sold For About $300 Less Then A New One. A Good Deal If Your Looking For A New Boat. I Have Bought 2 And Been Pleased With Both.

THE COOKIE PIMP said:
The Worlds Boats Are The Same Boat.vangard Builds 50-100 Of The Same Hull, Same Color, Packs Them In A Box And Ships Them To The Location Of The Worlds Event. The Boats Are Chartered And Used For 1 Week. Then Packed Back In The Box And Sold To Distributors At A Discount.many Of The Blades Are Never Used As Sailors Are Allowed To Bring Their Own.

The Only Differance Is The Sail's Are Multi Colored North Raceing Sail's Made In The Usa. Not Like Your Tipical White Raceing Sail Made In India Or Some Place Like That That I Can;t Spell.

The Raceing Package Is Sold For About $300 Less Then A New One. A Good Deal If Your Looking For A New Boat. I Have Bought 2 And Been Pleased With Both.

Most of this is correct, but World's participants are NOT allowed to bring their own blades. And I am pretty sure that the special sails are made in Sri Lanka, just like the other Sunfish sails. In addition to the unique color pattern, the World's sails will have some sort of picture on it, reflecting the site where the regatta was held (e.g., 2004 Hyannis/Cape Cod). The hulls will have an emblem as well.
These boats do seem to be in high demand; I have been trying to get one and have not been successful.
When considering a World's boat, do a careful inspection though. Stuff happens as they say...

The Worlds boats come with the Racing Package, which includes an upgraded line package, outhaul and cunningham cleats, and the race sail (which is colored, though the same manufacturer and design as the white race sail.) Also, when then most recent batch of boats from the Hyannis Worlds in Sept 2004 were for sale they included a dolly. In addition, the fall promotion for Vanguard included top and bottom covers and a blade bag.

I had a chance to buy one from Vanguard Sailing Center in RI, but chose not to, and purchased a brand new boat instead. The original price that they had on the Worlds boat was the same as I could by the identical new boat with race package. The only difference was that the Worlds boat had a dolly (worth $300). As time went on, the price of the Worlds boat kept coming down.

Back