Did Sunfish make a "Millenium Edition?"

Loc Nar

I am looking at buying a Sunfish that is described as a "Millenium Edition" with "1951-2001" engraved somewhere on it. I find no reference to such an edition through Google. Anyone know if this is legit?

BTW, I think it was called the 50th anniversary edition, not millenium edition.
To add to BB's description, here's the sail, but not the hull.

picsunfish123a.jpg

Not quite the same , but I had a "Millenium compliant" 2000 version a couple of years ago.
Bought it off a rich lady who lives opposite Tiger Woods !

RaySunfish045.jpg

RaySunfish048.jpg

RaySunfish017.jpg

RaySunfish018.jpg

RaySunfish040.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback and the pics!

isleofwightlen, I believe the pics you posted show the same boat I'm looking at. All I have is a description right now to go on (I have requested pics), but it is described as having a red, white and blue sail (with no racing window).

Not sure what that was all about , but it's the one and only time I've had a butler and a maid load a Sunfish onto my truck !

Had I known about this, I would have driven to FL just to see it!!! Did you get a picture?? BB

No , sadly I didn't take any pictures when I bought it. I wish I had !
The lady had just inherited the Publix chain of stores. She was having a clear out of all the toys in the boat shed. Supposedly her grandchildren had paddled around on the Sunfish a couple of times , then got bored. The sail , blades & spars etc had never been used. She offered me the Sunfish and a strange looking MX Ray sailboat ( never used ) for $3000 total , so I bought both. She counted every note.
The butler & the maid carried the boats , one at a time , right through the grounds. My brother and I tried to help , but the old lady was having none of it , so we just giggled and watched , it was surreal !
RaySunfish009.jpg

The butler & the maid carried the boats , one at a time , right through the grounds. My brother and I tried to help , but the old lady was having none of it , so we just giggled and watched , it was surreal !
That explains why the sail emblem changes appearance depending on the angle you view it at.

4976889603_ede6f12d68.jpg

Back