DFW Sunfish Repair

signal charlie

Staff member
Hi
We have a facebook follower looking for someone to do Sunfish repairs in the DFW area. Any repair savvy folks from that area?

Cheers
Clark

Insert random small boat photo...the Hatchet Hitch....need a hatchet to get it loose...the brailing line, mainsheet and bridle tied themselves lying in the bilge, a fine job!

IMG_7157.JPG

We sorted it out, Penobscot 14 with sprit rig.

IMG_7162.JPG

Fibrworx in Hurst Texas might be able to help. They specialize in fiberglass boat repair and it's my cousins shop whom I would trust to do a great job.

What do you need? I own Custom Yacht Services in Fort Worth. I can do fiberglass repairs and have some old and new Sunfish parts. Scott, text me at 817-688-2665.

A brailing line is a line run from the top of the mast, around the leech of the sail and back to the mast then down to the base of the mast. Pull it tight and it gathers the sail, kind of like a vertical reef.

Cheers
IMG_7174.JPG

Becool44,

I passed along your info as well, we had an inquiry about repairs on our facebook page Small Boat Restoration, the inquiry came from the Dallas Ft Worth (DFW) area.

What part of Ft Worth? We used to live in Keller, sailed Grapevine, Lake Worth and Ray Roberts a bit. A few trips down to Corpus Christi Bay, Skipper's home town. We also sailed the tiny Marine Creek Reservoir by Tarrant County College on 820 with our 19 foot Drascombe Lugger, took out the niece and nephew who had a great time. TCC NW used to have a nice little sailing program.

Cheers
Clark and Skipper

I am in southwest Fort Worth, and sailed at Lake Worth S.C. from 1972 until 1987, in Sunfish, Snipes, FDs and trailer-sailers. Sailed at Fort Worth Boat Club from 1983 until 2008, in keelboats, Santana 20s, J-24s, Olsen 30s, JY-15s, Tartan Tens, and a Ranger 28 i owned for many years. In younger days I travelled to regattas, so have sailed on many lakes, many trips to Galveston Bay and Corpus Christi Bay. As a boat rigger I traveled to lots of new lakes. Semi-retired, I just fixed up an old Sunfish, and look forward to some Geezer racing. Great to have this Forum!

Back