Detailed Rigging Instructions for Laser 15:1 Vang/Downhaul and Outhaul

kayakfit

I’m reconditioning an old Laser for informal racing next season. I want to re-do the rigging with the 15:1 Vang/Downhaul and the current Outhaul. The boat is a 2005 model with the deck fitting for Outhaul and Downhaul, but things have been somewhat Mickey Moused, and I’d like to put it all straight. I imagine that most of the hardware is here, but I’ll need new lines. Getting detailed instructions for line lengths would be extremely useful. I’d like to use splices where appropriate. Do any of you have links to specific information of that sort that you can refer me to?

I’m reconditioning an old Laser for informal racing next season. I want to re-do the rigging with the 15:1 Vang/Downhaul and the current Outhaul. The boat is a 2005 model with the deck fitting for Outhaul and Downhaul, but things have been somewhat Mickey Moused, and I’d like to put it all straight. I imagine that most of the hardware is here, but I’ll need new lines. Getting detailed instructions for line lengths would be extremely useful. I’d like to use splices where appropriate. Do any of you have links to specific information of that sort that you can refer me to?
I also have an old Laser (37579) from 1976 that I'm trying to upgrade virtually the same as you. I've found what seems to be a great source for links and rigging information with West Coast Sailing in Portland, Oregon. Talk with Phil, who sent me detailed information and some links that I haven't looked at yet.
Give me your email, and I'll forward his email to you for your information.
"Johnny B" [email protected]

Very happy with my choices from this list. Note on the right I purchased extra length just in case!
btw, I race and do jr. instruction.

Attachments

• laser lines_active racer.pdf
    402.8 KB · Views: 105
Very happy with my choices from this list. Note on the right I purchased extra length just in case!
btw, I race and do jr. instruction.
Thanks for the notes/list. I'll compare this with what I currently have on hand during the ND vs Alabama ... game -
don't think I'll have to pay that much attention, since Notre Dame is (roughly) a 30 point underdog ... )

Back