Deck stains from fall leaves

Fred P

Fall leaves got wet on the deck under the covering tarp. I tried to remove the stains with Starbrite, Comet Cleanser, Comet cleaner with bleach, and Mr. Clan eraser. None of them worked. Anybody have a way to get these stains out?

Thanks,
Fred

I would try (ten-fold) diluted Clorox. First try it on a small stain and let the liquid sit on the stain for at least 10 min. Then wipe clean and rinse off.

I am not stating that this method will work, but suggest that you give it a try.

Try a small spot with 100% household bleach. Let is sit for 5-10 min and then wash with lots of water. So much the better if it is in the sun when you are doing it. No luck - try CLR brand stain remover. It is an acid based product that is about the only thing I have found that removes deep organic stains effectively, and unlike FSR (Fiberblass Stain Remover) CLR is fairly inexpensive.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

We recently used Bar Keeper to remove deep hull stains from our dinghy fleet. It did a great job and was able to remove some very old stains (yellow and dark brown) that none of the other products we tried could.
Very inexpensive and left the bottoms looking great.

tilex works great on (organic) hull stains. also cleans boat upholstry too. be ready to wash it off cause its hard on the stitching.

Back