Ender

Hello all, I've followed this forum for quite a while without signing up, ever since I got my first sailboat about 2 years ago. As a new homeowner on the Delaware river, I fell in love with sailing immediately with that first boat. Unfortunately, that boat no longer has a sail. The Catyak that introduced me to sailing has been on dry land for almost a year and a half now. My original and ancient (homemade) sail shredded in light winds badly enough that I couldn't even get measurements on it. However, my yearlong search for a Catyak II sail has been full of disappointment. I purchased an original Catyak sail a few months ago that was mislabled as a Catyak II sail online, and found one for sale recently that ended up being an error in the company's inventory.

The Sailrite website (Sailrite - Fabric, Canvas, and Sewing Machines Since 1969) estimates the size as:

Luff 10.83ft
Foot 10.83ft
Leech 11.5ft

So my questions are, does anyone want to sell a Catyak II sail?
Does anyone know of a loft that can make one for less than the lowest estimate I've gotten ($350)?

I have a Catyak because I traded some of my old military gear for it. I don't really have the money for a custom sail. I can get Sunfish sails all day long on eBay for around $100, but dont have the sewing skills to reduce the size or sleeve them for the Catyak spars. I dont even mind changing the sail from a sleeve over spar to grommeted sail. I love this boat. I can feel it begging for the water, which is just 100 yards away! Please reach out if you have any information!

Hello all, I've followed this forum for quite a while without signing up, ever since I got my first sailboat about 2 years ago. As a new homeowner on the Delaware river, I fell in love with sailing immediately with that first boat. Unfortunately, that boat no longer has a sail. The Catyak that introduced me to sailing has been on dry land for almost a year and a half now. My original and ancient (homemade) sail shredded in light winds badly enough that I couldn't even get measurements on it. However, my yearlong search for a Catyak II sail has been full of disappointment. I purchased an original Catyak sail a few months ago that was mislabled as a Catyak II sail online, and found one for sale recently that ended up being an error in the company's inventory.

The Sailrite website (Sailrite - Fabric, Canvas, and Sewing Machines Since 1969) estimates the size as:

Luff 10.83ft
Foot 10.83ft
Leech 11.5ft

So my questions are, does anyone want to sell a Catyak II sail?
Does anyone know of a loft that can make one for less than the lowest estimate I've gotten ($350)?

I have a Catyak because I traded some of my old military gear for it. I don't really have the money for a custom sail. I can get Sunfish sails all day long on eBay for around $100, but dont have the sewing skills to reduce the size or sleeve them for the Catyak spars. I dont even mind changing the sail from a sleeve over spar to grommeted sail. I love this boat. I can feel it begging for the water, which is just 100 yards away! Please reach out if you have any information!

I'm responding to you from the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop in Ann Arbor, MI. We have what I believe to be a Catyak II sail, at least that what it says on the sail. It is white and bright orange. I have photos I would be happy to share with you, and can take measurements for you as well. Please call the Shop at 734-996-9155 and ask for the General Manager.

Back