Date of MFR

Brink

Can anyone tell me when my boat (Capri 14.2 #4634) was manufactured? Any tips on rigging and mod updates are greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Brink

Can anyone tell me when my boat (Capri 14.2 #4634) was manufactured? Any tips on rigging and mod updates are greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Brink
Hi,
My sailboat hull number is 4696 and was made in 1998, so my guess yours was made in 1997 or 1998? Only a guess, but maybe you can contact Catalina, and they can tell you more. Good luck.............bill

Thanks Wild Bill, you were indeed correct, my boat was manufactured in 1997. I called Catalina in Florida (727)544-6681 and talked to tec Jon Ames and he was very helpful and informative. He told me to look on the starboard outside of the transom to find the complete serial no. and that the last 3 numbers were the the month and year of manufacture. (US-CPSD4634C797) C for calender year, 7 for 7th month and 97 for 1997. Jon also e-mailed a Capri 14.2 owner manual to help with the rigging. Thanks again Bill to you and Jon at Catalina and for all you that participate in the great information on this forum.

1. Thanks Wild Bill, you were indeed correct, my boat was manufactured in 1997. I call Catalna in Florida (727)544-6681 and talked to tec Jon Ames and he was very helpful and informative. He told me to look on the starboard outside of the transom to find the complete serial no. and that the last 3 numbers were the the month and year of manufacture. (US-CPSD4634C797) C for calender year, 7 for 7th month and 97 for 1997. Jon also e-mailed a Capri 14.2 owner manual to help with the rigging. Thanks again Bill to you and Jon at Catalina and for all you that participate in the great information on this forum.
Hi Brink,

Also on You Tube, take a look at Capri 14.2 rigging guide.................bill

Back