damaged daggerboard

sosopix

I ran aground and damaged my daggerboard. Boat did not take on water and the daggerboard trunk seems to be okay. Damage seems to be limited to the board itself. Is there any way I can repair this? Is it a bad idea to try and use it in it's current condition?

Attachments

• board1.jpg
    board1.jpg
    1,010.5 KB · Views: 45
  • board2.jpg
    board2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
  • board3.jpg
    board3.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 59
Looks like you are sailing with one of the ones made of a high density foam. You can keep sailing as it won’t absorb water. For a little sign like that, Marine Tex will work. The video from Rooster Sailing in Tag’s link will help with bigger damage.

And here:
thanks, I've done some fiberglass work in the past but would rather not do more if I don't have to.
I like the idea of Marine Tex.

Looks like you are sailing with one of the ones made of a high density foam. You can keep sailing as it won’t absorb water. For a little sign like that, Marine Tex will work. The video from Rooster Sailing in Tag’s link will help with bigger damage.
thanks.

thanks, I've done some fiberglass work in the past but would rather not do more if I don't have to.
I like the idea of Marine Tex.
It's good, but eventually yellows. At some time, give it a spritz of white paint.

Back