Daggerboard handel

do u guys have a (rope??) handle on ur daggerboard to help raise and lower it?

i did on my last boat, now with my new one theres nothing to pul it up with really, apart from the indents at the top or the loop of rope for the bungy cord?

i think i'm going to put a rope handle on, what do u think?

also theres no cleats on the boat, i have them its just a case of fitting them, is there much point of having them??? i think i will sail with out them tomorrow and see if i feel i need them

I added a rope loop to pull up my daggerboard on my new boat-had to drill the holes myself. Took 3 minutes. I can't imagine trying to pull up your daggerboard in a race with only the indentations provided!

i think its something i'll have to do, just don't like the idea of drilling my new board,

oh well, it'll b rite, i get some rope 4 it,

I put the hole right at the back of the board and lead the vang line to it. It allowed you to come to the top mark, grab one line, dump vang and in the same movement start to lift the board. The hole has to be at the back of the board, if it's at the front the board just jams.

I've never seen a good Laser sailor without cleats; even if you just need them while fumbling with your water bottle in one hand and the vang in the other, they're useful.

A daggerboard Handel would be interesting... I think you're trying to say "Handle" (Handel was a classical composer) Sorry... I find typos amusing. I'm not saying that I don't ever make any, or anything like that. I just had to comment when I saw the title of this thread!

o.....k, rite i'm going to put a rope handLE on my daggerboard, wheres the best place to drill the holes? theres a hole at the front drilled by PSE for the rope that connects to the daggerboard elastic, so i think it would be ok to dill where the indentation is at the top, can anyone give me any measurments of where the holes shud be? is there anything in the class rules that states where they would have to be??

cheers

Back