dןǝɥ qnןƃ qnןƃ

gouvernail

Super Opinionated and Always Correct
¡¡¡ʇɐoq ʎɯ ʇɥƃıɹ ʇ,uɐɔ puɐ ɹǝʌo pǝdɯnp ɯ,ı ǝɯ dןǝɥ

ʇno ןןǝɟ pɹɐoqɹǝʇuǝɔ ʎɯ

dǝʇs ǝɥʇ ɟo ʇno ʎɐʍɟןɐɥ sı ʇsɐɯ ʎɯ

¡¡¡ɯoɯ ʎɯ ןןɐɔ ǝsɐǝןd

Silly?? To ask about how to right a boat when the centerboard has fallen out and the mast is partially out of the step? This is the sort of information we all need.

Luckily, after posting the thread from my waterproof combination Marine radio, starting watch, and web browser...., and waiting and waiting and waiting, someone came along and helped me out.

After receiving the very helpful needed advice....I first tightened the cunningham so my mast would properly re-seat and not rip apart my mast step.
Then I dove under the boat and pushed the centerboard back into the trunk while my fnew BFF held it in place above the overturned boat.

Then I came back around to the top of the boat and righted it,

Next time I will make certain I abide by class rules and have a safety shock cord on both the mast and the centerboard.

lesson learned

Today I plan to sail down wind in heavy air with my sail way out and the vang eased. I will report back in a separate thread from out on the water. Maybe I will learn something.

Fred: PLEASE keep this a secret. My head isn't screwed on all that well and may come off altogether reading more upside down text. And I am afraid that by disclosing your trick, others will follow :eek:.

Back