Cutty Cabin of a Mod I

clo126

:confused:

I finally looked inside my cutty cabin to the right & left behind the plywood supports and noticed a flimsy fiberglass bulkhead with a very large hole in it. On port side the wall seemed to be attached on one side and hinged open when i touched it.

Question, are these for support and should I be concerned with the current condition?

I see no structural damage to the inside of the hull, but I would like to hear from anyone that might have some insight.

Thanks,

clo

Good Question

I was wondering about this myself. Could I actually cut this out to get at the area under the seats? Does it serve any structural/functional purpose?

Now that I have had a chance to look at the bulk head, I believe the design used on my Capri does provide a small amount of sturtual support. However, I believe the main reason for the bulkhead on the sides is providing a means to keep the floatation equalized. Without the bulkhead, the floats could all go to one side of the boat making it almost impossibile to upright if water filled the cavities.

Back