Craigslist Ad

Haha, the part about lying in the gutter after a gin bender is funny... but I'm not a big gin fan, I'm more of a rum or blue agave tequila man, LOL. ;)

Years ago, when friends and I would drive up to O.B. or P.B. (Ocean Beach or Pacific Beach) for the day, sometimes we'd bring some of that Bombay Blue Sapphire (or whatever it's called) and make gin drinks, but I was always more of a beer man. Ya don't get all torn up in the hot sun while drinking beer, not the same way ya do with the hard liquor. :eek:

Edit for clarification: When I talk about drinking beer in the hot sun, I mean watery domestic trash, not craft beer, LOL. Same goes for sailing, and that's probably why I don't mind drinking domestic beer at times... ya want tinnies out there on the water anyway, as broken glass in the cockpit can be a safety hazard. When it comes to good beer, Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome Ale is my all-time favorite, that stuff is so darned tasty!!! :rolleyes:

Not the Samuel Adams cr@p, but Samuel Smith's straight from Yorkshire's oldest brewery, estd. 1758 in Tadcaster... those boys have been brewing beer for a lonnnnnng time, and they have it down pat. Their Tadcaster Porter (or Taddy Porter) is also delicious, but then again, just about every ale or lager that outfit makes is mighty tasty. Alright, I'm done here, just had to make that clarification, LOL. Cheers!!! :cool:

P.S. On behalf of my friends at the surf shop, I once wrote a letter to the brewery in Yorkshire, asking about the white rose on their labels... as I suspected, it's the White Rose of York, as opposed to the Red Rose of Lancaster in the War of the Roses. The brewery sent their reply on the most beautiful paper I've ever seen, the fancy letterhead took nearly half the page!!! My best friend still has that letter... we sent some surf pics to the brewery too, and told those hands that their beer was the finest on the planet, LOL. :)

Last edited:
Holy Cow!!! I just watched that "Cooper's Ceremony" video at the brewery website (bottom of the home page), and that is CLASSIC!!! :rolleyes:

Being a cooper is steeped in tradition... in the Age of Sail, ship's carpenters had to be coopers, or separate coopers were on board to ensure that wooden casks stayed in good repair. :cool:

That ceremony was hilarious, with the apprentice being rolled around in that cask... probably worth all the trouble just to take a big ol' swig of that brew at the end. What a classic video... those horses look pretty cool too, I suppose the brewery chose 'em because their color kinda matches the White Rose of York. ;)

Hey Cactus Cowboy, if this guy wasn’t in Delaware I’d guess that this listing was yours! You’ve got the same sense of humor and writing style. I got a kick out of this craigslist post:

Lol, best 'Fish ad ever. If I didnt already have one I'd probably be heading to DE right now!

Back