What's new

Cradle for Sunfish

ewagman

Price $
State
PENNSYLVANIA
City
Camp hill
FREE. I built this cradle out of pressure treated wood and made rollers for it. It was used at a lake in summer and on a rack off season. The boat gunnel sits on the hoops, the boat bottom stays in the air. Probably $100 worth of material. I’m moving and want it to go to a good home. It’s in Camp Hill, Pa. I easily transported it on my Thule racks. Ewagman@verizon.net

Attachments

Alan S. Glos

Very nice. I am sure you will find a good home for it.

Here are photos of a pressure treated beach/storage cradle I built a few weeks ago for a friend who sails a Sunfish off her rocky beach. It is an easy build and with the keel roller, it is easy to get the boat on and off the padded bunks. It is a copy of a cradle I built in 1985 that is still going strong.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Attachments

Dsoc

Hi! I live in Hagerstown. If you still have this and would help me lift it up onto my car roof, I would be interested in using your cradle.

ewagman

I will be here until Tuesday 3pm or so, then back Friday. If you want to pick up another time, I won't be here to help, but it is outside and available. Send contact info for my address, I'm not posting that here.

Cactus Cowboy

Good on ya, OP, for going to the trouble of posting that rack or cradle... :D

Moi, I ALWAYS rehome or repurpose something useful, even if I'm donating it... just makes sense. :rolleyes:

Right now, I'm rehoming some cold beer from its container to my belly as I take a break on the touch-up painting in my home... ;)

Guess I'll pound one more and then get the painting done, don't wanna be all day on it, though I've made good progress... :cool: