Status
Not open for further replies.

ewagman

Price $
State
PENNSYLVANIA
City
Camp hill
FREE. I built this cradle out of pressure treated wood and made rollers for it. It was used at a lake in summer and on a rack off season. The boat gunnel sits on the hoops, the boat bottom stays in the air. Probably $100 worth of material. I’m moving and want it to go to a good home. It’s in Camp Hill, Pa. I easily transported it on my Thule racks. Ewagman@verizon.net

Attachments

ewagman

I will be here until Tuesday 3pm or so, then back Friday. If you want to pick up another time, I won't be here to help, but it is outside and available. Send contact info for my address, I'm not posting that here.

Cactus Cowboy

Good on ya, OP, for going to the trouble of posting that rack or cradle... :D

Moi, I ALWAYS rehome or repurpose something useful, even if I'm donating it... just makes sense. :rolleyes:

Right now, I'm rehoming some cold beer from its container to my belly as I take a break on the touch-up painting in my home... ;)

Guess I'll pound one more and then get the painting done, don't wanna be all day on it, though I've made good progress... :cool:

ewagman

I want to note that the pictures posted by Alan Glos do no depict the storage cradle I am giving away. Please note that only the photos in my original post depict the cradle available. My apologies to dsoc who drove up from Maryland in error. Perhaps Alan Glos can delete his pictures.

Dsoc

The cradle is a good frame. It has handle to lift the entire cradle and boat. Good rollers. Very nice for roll up off the water.

ewagman

Thanks. I do appreciate your input, but sorry it caused confusion and wasted driving time for the guy who drove to PA thinking he was picking up your cradle.

ewagman

Someone has committed to picking it up shortly. When they do, I will post that fact. If they change their mind I will also note that.

Seaotter5

I live just north of you in Duncannon. I would come down today and get it, but as I look at the window that probably would not be a good idea. As soon as the snowpocolypse is over (and my trailer emerges from the glacier that is currently my back yard) I will be down to get it. I am hoping to keep one of my ‘fishes at Gifford Pinchot (or Little Buffalo), and your cradle looks like it would work out nicely!

ewagman

I will hold it for you. It has a history at Pinchot, and worked well there before I discovered the afternoon sea breeze by the ocean. You should place two cinder blocks under the back of the cradle when you take it to the lake, to keep it above the water level when rain storms raise the water level. The northeast launch area is the preferred spot to rent at, and is where the sailing club meets. Good folks. Little buffalo's lake is small, but the wind is more consistent. If you are thinking of Pinchot, I hear the lake is being lowered for the winter, making an excellent time to see where the dagger board eating rocks are. Maybe they will even get ice for the hard water boats this season. If you see anyone with a Geronimo skate sailer there, it's me. Arthritis made me sell my ice boats.
Send contact info to ewagman@verizon.net
If you have good roof racks, you don't need a trailer. But not on a day where we are getting 12 to 18" of snow.

Seaotter5

I have been canoeing on Pinchot for 21 years, and have discovered every rock in the lake by hitting each one at least twice! I swear that they move around when I’m not looking just to keep me confused.
I joined the sailing club last year, and enjoyed watching the races. I plan on racing myself next season. Both Little Buffalo and Pinchot are great lakes for practicing, as you have to tack every few seconds. When Watching the fleet at Pinchot it’s interesting to see how the wind is hitting each boat from a different direction, often 180 degrees. Since you’ve been out there you know what I am talking about!
I am anxious to enjoy some of those coastal breezes in Spring. My brother and I are planning on doing some cruise camping along Assateague as soon as things warm up a bit.

ewagman

I have someone else expressing interest in the cradle. I wanted to confirm that you are taking it. Please send contact info.

Seaotter5

Yes! My trailer is still snowed in, but I can dig it out if necessary. Would it be ok to wait until right after Christmas? If not I will re-arrange my schedule.
I know you said it car topped well, but whenever I carry something long on top of my Chevy Spark the police look at me funny. I have even been pulled over a couple of times. Both times they pulled me over out of curiosity more than anything else! I try to use the trailer when possible.

ewagman

That's fine. I had someone else who wanted to pick it up. With online stuff, people have been know to say they want something, then change their mind, meanwhile others miss out. Please send that contact info too please.

Status
Not open for further replies.