Crack in the deck Laser number 11000 ish

cav

I am thinking of buying a Laser 1 which I saw yesterday. My only reservation is that there are cracks about six inches long on the bit where the deck meets the cockpit on the starboard side about where you would sit on a beat. When I pressed the area it felt a bit squidgy and made a quieet creaking noise.
There are other lesser cracks on the port side nearer the gunnel.

Serious or not?

Thanks for looking

Cav

I am thinking of buying a Laser 1 which I saw yesterday. My only reservation is that there are cracks about six inches long on the bit where the deck meets the cockpit on the starboard side about where you would sit on a beat. When I pressed the area it felt a bit squidgy and made a quieet creaking noise.
There are other lesser cracks on the port side nearer the gunnel.

Serious or not?

Thanks for looking

Cav

Dont even think about buying it! I have an old laser with sail number 8249! and it is completely sound and firm in this area. There are plenty good boats to choose from so dont waste your money. . R.

dont buy it not only will you have fix the boat after buying it, it has probly been sailed like that and once you get the wood core in older lasers soaked it creates a lot of extra weight and normally never dries out bad buy look around for something in better shape theres lots of lasers around

Back