Cover Recommendations

Maybe a quick fix would be to stuff a beach ball in the cockpit before covering.
The beach ball would be quick and easy... would it keep full of air, though? I seem to recall stuff like that will slowly deflate over time, especially if it's out in cold air.

I currently have my Sunfish stored in the 2nd floor of my dad's barn with a fan on it - hoping to dry it out in the off-season. I blogged about it here.

But, for future outdoor storage, I had thought about using a piece of 1 1/2" or 2" rigid foam insulation, and cutting it to fit in the cockpit opening. That would solve the issue of the tarp drooping down into the cockpit, and prevent/deter possible critters from nesting in the cockpit over the winter, too.

tag

hopefully next year I'll have some kind of rack for the two of them to sit on, on their sides. And rails and a wench to pull them up off the beach and over the rip-rap.

i thought my 3/8" wench was missing, but it was bent anyway. please don't try to return it.:D

btw wayne, i just finished the second varnish coat on the fish. i think it's gonna look very nice. the bottom is done.

Maybe a quick fix would be to stuff a beach ball in the cockpit before covering.
I made a tarp cover for my Phantom over the summer and what I did was make a PVC framework that fit in the cockpit and protruded above the deck by a couple inches - this way all areas of the tarp slope towards the edges and won't collect water. I didn't see any problems with snow this season, but we got little compared to most areas of the country.