Could it be a leaking drainplug?

I completely dried the hull and then I filled the cockpit with water and the opened the cock bailer and emptied the water out of the cockpit I then opened my inspection port and about 1/2 3/4 of the. Water was in the hull.

We confirmed our problem by filling the boat with a few liters of water into the hull plug from a hose; closed the plug, and when we tippt it back to drain, the water poured liberally out of that bailer hole. It was nearly impossible to find a new brass bushing however. Above are a few places I checkt, had success with Kolius, and snatcht up their last. Where in Europe you'll find one, I cannot say.
The new bushing solved our problem. You definitely need that plastic or brass bushing; obviously the latter is preferable.
You should be able to buy the brass fitting from a plumbing store.

Would I have to buy something that looked exactly like the laser brass bushing or could I just get a brass pipe the same diameter and length and silicone it in place. Would that work?

Would I have to buy something that looked exactly like the laser brass bushing or could I just get a brass pipe the same diameter and length and silicone it in place. Would that work?
It would be a temporary fix. Why not just order the correct brass fitting with bushing and nut and install it so that the issue is sorted properly? I just did a search and found a few suppliers in your part of the world who would ship it for free.

I have a website where I can order the part from but I'm bring my boat home for storage and repairs during the winter so I might try get a brass pipe and fit it temporarily to se if this will fix the problem and then order the proper bushing online. Does anybody know the length and diameter of the fitting so I can get it at my hardware store.

I used a piece of tubing about 3 cm long or so....its raining or I'd go measure it better ... mushroomed out a bit on the cockpit side for the stopper- if you look you can see the length you need. Not that important provided you can work the bailer plunger and it is sufficiently flush to not hinder draining. Outside diameter needs to match the hole, I used some duct tape to ensure it was snug and sealed it well. Inside diameter needs to accept the stopper securely or pick up one that it does.

Did I mention I'm not a professional?

As far as I know, plastic ones have not been made in a long time. I would contact John Malony at APS Ltd. as he should know where you can find one. The last one I bought was from them and the part # was V30301. Good luck.

jeffers

Unlikely unless you had a major split of the hull/deck join. I would definitely suspect this fitting. Purple Marine or Northampton Sailboats (both UK based) should have them in stock and should deliver to you if you cannot get one locally.

I would also go round and do a general re-seal of all the hull fittings but do not block the small hole under the front of the toe strap, this is a breather hole for the hull.