cool new website found

wickstick

what's up

I found or actually a buddy told me about this new website.

It's www.highoctaneonedesigns.com

It's basically all about one design racing dinghies and they

support college sailing which is a plus.

Judging by their forum though it must be a new site

cause there are no users on their forum.

anyway, thought I'd pass the buck along.

laters L2 sailor

I notice on the website that they are requesting freelance photos, and maybe articles too? Is there any compensation for that besides the glory?

Yeah, I would say it looks pretty dead. No new post since the first one in 2000. Not a horrible idea, but it looks like who ever started it got bored after the first few days. The domain name is not the greatest either. Its way to long if you ask me.
<shameless self promotion>
Of course you can always get the latest laser news, information, and discussion here on The Laser Forum.
</shameless self promotion>
Cheers,

Proof of how fortunate we are to have someone like Bradley to keep working and improving the Laser Forum.

It takes a lot of work and a long time to achieve a good site, doesn't haven't overnight and you can NEVER give up.

WestCoast said:
Proof of how fortunate we are to have someone like Bradley to keep working and improving the Laser Forum.

It takes a lot of work and a long time to achieve a good site, doesn't haven't overnight and you can NEVER give up.

Amen. Just curious how was the forum in the very beginning. And when was it created.

Originally when I posted saying that I had found a "cool new website" the admin called me out on it. She stated that self promotion was fine but since we posted the same thread twice about the website she thought we looked desparate.
That was an accident by our webmaster. He thought the first post didn't
go through so he posted again.

We were trying to kinda go undercover through the laser forum for an unbiased opinion of the site amd avoiding possible defenses going up because of "forum competition".

Anyway, the site along with the forum has only been up for a couple of
weeks, not long enough for the "google-bots" to find us yet, hence the
no users on the forum.

Sorry for the trickery but we wanted to read what was wrote about
our site to get some feedback.

We haven't been able to market it to well since the search engine spiders
have not found us.

Sincerely,

L2 - Sydney 18ft'er - c-scow

Me thinks that is what ya should have said in the first place.... also it explains why that web site is so bare... I feel used... lol
Fishingmickey
150087/181157

Wait you posted it twice. I never saw the other one but hey i think it's cool that you guys are trying to help one design sailing in general. And i never knew thats how your site registers on google i thought you had to do it manuallly.

We removed the double post because it was exactly the same. It was probably a mistake. We delete double posts all the time and you never even know!

Also, Google is always searching the web and saving information about websites and how to find them. Google and the other search engines are some of the most regular visitors to TLF.

Cheers,

Back