Complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Geezer

I would like to complain to the Official Administrator about the blasphemous comment made by a person known as "Bradley" in the last post in the thread entitled "Merrily returns as Official Administrator". Apparently that thread is now closed so I can't post my complaint at the end of that thread which is why I started a new thread.

As I understand the new policy (and by the way I can't find this policy in my official class handbook) it is now not permitted to use fowl and abusive language such as I*D**T PR**F. So why is this Bradley person allowed to take the name of OUR LORD in vain? The word "J**Z" is deeply offensive to myself and the millions of other Christian Laser sailors as it is a corruption of Our Lord's Name and what's more it is being used in a secular and flippant context.

It's about time somebody cleaned up this forum and banned people who don't know how to express their feelings without using blasphemous expletives.

Wait. Bradley's not the only one. In the same thread Merrily said J**Z, Master Mike said OMG, and Chainsaw said HOLY MOSES. This is awful. I am deeply hurt. I may have to go sailing to recover.

The problem was not with Bradley's intent but with his failure to "idiot Proof" the post.

see copied post below:
"Title: Re: Merrily returns as Official Administrator
oh jeez....
[email protected] "

Bradley hit the control key instead of the shift key while attempting to post the first word of his post and his meaning was lost. I think he was tring to refer to us as cool canines as follows:

DEE oh jeez

I see that the blasphemous references to the Name of Our Lord and the Prophet Moses have been deleted from the original thread. Thank you Official Administrator. But what about the other blasphemous reference in the form of a 3-letter abbreviation?

Come on sweetie pie. Let's clean up this crap properly.

I see that the blasphemous references to the Name of Our Lord and the Prophet Moses have been deleted from the original thread. Thank you Official Administrator. But what about the other blasphemous reference in the form of a 3-letter abbreviation?

Come on sweetie pie. Let's clean up this crap properly.

The posts that you refer to have been moved to this thread:
http://www.laserforum.org/showthread.php?t=7202

I notice that you are an anonymous poster. As such, your criticism has no weight.

This thread does not really deserve a reply, but, nonetheless I will provide some insight for you. The Laser Forum is a private entity owned by the Sailing Forums Network which I am the sole proprietor of. The Laser Forum is the exclusive forum provider of the ILCA-NA but is not owned or controlled by that organization or any other. The new policy I am implementing is designed to bring back a more friendly and helpful atmosphere that has existed on this site until recent months. Questions that in the past would be met with helpful replies or links to previous discussions are now filled with snide and unhelpful remarks.

Just to clarify, the new policy is as follows:
-All one liners and unhelpful random comments will be moved to open discussion;
-Warnings will be issued to users who habitually posts these rude or filler posts;
-After one warning the user will be suspended from TLF.

Thanks for understanding these policies. Questions or comments can be sent to me directly via the email address below.

Regards,

Re: are the class rules legal

We have been looking into the legailty of the class rules and wonder if they are in fact illegal due to new anti competition legislation in Europe ie only one supplier. Has anybody else got any thoughts on this?

Cobblers. Bollards. Oh Jeeze.

Second line intentionaly left blank to avoid falling foul of the new illegal class rule against one-line answers on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back