Clear Laser Sail...

I want a clear laser sail. If it is a class legal laser sail then why dosen't it have the laser logo on the top of it like the ones made by north or hyde?
But it does look really sweet, and if you could get one you wouldn't have to look under the boom to see the starboard tack boat on a reach screaming at you and you would be able to avoid costly repairs or even replacing the boat LMAO.

It looks like it was "made to show how Laser sails could be made..."

_i7s9425.jpg

And, it looks like it might have been used in the racing:

_i7s9647.jpg

So he was allowed to us a non-class legal sail in a Masters world champs event? That sail is right up there with practice sails, being non class legal and all. This world we live in is going to hell in a hand basket...

So he was allowed to us a non-class legal sail in a Masters world champs event? That sail is right up there with practice sails, being non class legal and all. This world we live in is going to hell in a hand basket...

I'll ask my Dad when he gets back from Roses, but I suspect it was not actually used in the races, but was sailed during the practice day on Saturday. Regardless, it was photographed and allowed to be demonstrated. I wonder if the Masters will come back from the Worlds with some new ideas about sails?

This photo was taken by a friend of mine on Sydney harbour - March this year - looks like the same sail,and if so, it still exists. It would be great if anyone knows the history of it.

Attachments

• Neil's clear sail photo.JPG
    Neil's clear sail photo.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 122
you throw enough money at your local sailmaker, and he'll build you what ever the heck you want no question asked

Guys, Guys, Guys!!! This is big!

Someone made a sail out of something other than dacron that presumably lasts longer!

It's time to track this person down and see if the new material has almost the same performance as dacron, because if it does, a lot of masters should be making a lot of noise about allowing the making more durable sails such as that one.....

Back