What's new

Centerboard Stop Hose Replacement

boldham

Hi, I managed to lose one of the centerboard stops (must have come loose and fallen down the centerboard slot?). I figured I'd just grab some 3/8" ID heater hose from local automotive store. The original hose is over 3/4" OD but the hose at the auto parts store is about a 1/16" diameter less. Think it matters? If so, anyone know where I can find a proper replacement (locally)? I know Catalina Direct has a replacement kit for the stop, but I'm hoping to take advantage of the few remaining sailing days I have left. Thanks, Brendan

FreeRide

Maybe with the smaller diameter, it will stay on better? I think if you are able to slide it on, it is just what you need.
I lost the same part and used auto heater hose too. Worked fine.

boldham

Maybe with the smaller diameter, it will stay on better? I think if you are able to slide it on, it is just what you need.
I lost the same part and used auto heater hose too. Worked fine.
Thanks! I probably should have explained better! The inner diameter fits perfectly. It's the outer diameter that's different. This will allow the centerboard to pivot down slightly more. Given your experience, I suspect it doesn't matter! Thanks again