Centerboard hardware?

c14_Lee

I had the hull of my boat reglassed last year and my centerboard painted. I think that some of the hardware is missing because my centerboard - when in the down position, rises vertically up out of its slot. Is there a u shaped bracket that sleeves over the centerboard and holds it down in the slot when it pivots?

Centerboard

What holds down the centerboard is a heavy bunge cord that goes from an attachment at the aft upper corner of the board to a ring in the inside bottom of the transom. The bungee is 4' x 3/8".

Centerboard Missing Parts

That is one of the reasons I would always do repairs by myself. You just don't know what you are getting back and the keel is essential to sailing. From the description of what is happening to the board I can't tell which part is missing in your case. But in quick motion, the cboard will slide back. And that's what it should do for beaching as well.

Centerboard Hardware

Ed Jones said:
What holds down the centerboard is a heavy bunge cord that goes from an attachment at the aft upper corner of the board to a ring in the inside bottom of the transom. The bungee is 4' x 3/8".

Hi Ed,
I do know about the bungee. What makes me think there is hardware missing besides the fact that the board wants to lift up is that there is a slight recess in the edge of the board and wrapping around the sides and a small hole like a screw hole.
But I'll take your word for it.

Back