Centerboard Control

Roger Lohrey

I have a 1992 model 2 hull #3815 that has the "old style" centerboard control. Sometimes my wife has a hard time raising the centerboard. For the model 3 Catalina has modified this design to make the centerboard easier to raise. Does anyone have pictures of this new design? I would like to modify my model 2 if possible. Any help would be apprecieated.

Thanks
Roger Lohrey

Mod 3 Center Board Dwg

This drawing is from the Mod 3 owners manual. I don't know how the Mod2 differs, but if you have questions, I'll try to help. Good luck with your project.

Attachments

• CBDWG.JPG
    CBDWG.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 253
I had a mod 1 with the original control system for the centerboard and have more recently sailed a mod 3 with the new control system. I like the mod 3 control better as its a simpler system and you can get better leverage when pulling the board up.

Thanks

Thank you very much for the information. It looks like a easy change to make. One question, is the cam block mounted on the floor of the boat? I would have expected it to be mounted on the bracket for the barney post.

Thanks Again
Roger Lohrey

Location of Cam Cleat

Roger, on my boat the cam cleat is mounted on the floor about 1/2 from the CB slot and about 8" forward of the barney post. It's not in the way at all. It lies directly under the hiking strap.

Attachments

• CamCleat.JPG
    CamCleat.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 228
Reyher said:
Roger, on my boat the cam cleat is mounted on the floor about 1/2 from the CB slot and about 8" forward of the barney post. It's not in the way at all. It lies directly under the hiking strap.

Has that ever got in the way when hicking? (Stubbed toes and such...)

Cam Cleat Location

Not that I've ever noticed. The floor is pretty cluttered anyway. I guess we just work around it. :D

Thanks Again

Chris:
Thanks for all the help and the photos. I made the change last night. It took about 2 hours to do and it looks like it will be much easier to lift the centerboard. This forum is a great place to get help and information form many knowledgeable people.

Thanks Again
Roger Lohrey

Back