Centerboard Bracket Diagram

jdtaillant

Here is my rendition of the capri 14.2 centerboard brackets, according to all the measurements I have taken from the boat and the centerboard, and according to the replies to the posts I have received. I am sending these in to have them made by a metal worker. I hope this works! If anyone is going to use these, check with me to see if they worked, as I have not actually used them! If anyone can respond as to whether they are right or not, let me know! Cheers, Daniel
[email protected]

Attachments

• centerboard bracket 1.JPG
    centerboard bracket 1.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 128
  • centerboard bracket 2.JPG
    centerboard bracket 2.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 115
Confirmation of Brackets Size

I have now installed the brackets made from this diagram and THEY WORK PERFECTLY!

One modificaiton that my metalman did which is optional, but perhaps less practical than the CATALINA design in which two studs (a male and female) are welded onto the brackets, in my case I have ONLY ONE stud which is made SEPERATELY from the brackets (see picture), and is made to fit tightly into two holes made of equal diameter on each bracket. You need to hammer them into place, and once in, they extend beyond the bracket about 1 mm. You then rivet them into permanent place by hammering around the edges of the stud (slightly deforming the stud edges, so that they cannot go back through the hole). It works FINE, but the brackets are then NOT REMOVABLE, they are permanently attached to the centerboard.

Pictures attached. Sorry, some are a little blurry.

Attachments

• 100_8308.JPG
    100_8308.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
  • 100_8324.JPG
    100_8324.JPG
    530.6 KB · Views: 100
I'm very happy you were able to solve your reefing problem! AND your centerboard problem... !! Enjoy the sailing! Craig

Back