Catfish: Free project boat

walkkey

I have a Catfish that I would like to give away. It has no trailer and it needs work, I have all the parts (I think) and some paint for it. I am moving and need give this away in a day or two or I have to cut it up and take it to the landfill. I am located in the Lancaster Pennsylvania area. There is no hull number or plate. Email me at [email protected]. I'll check my email every few hours.

Attachments

• IMG_1502.jpg
    IMG_1502.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 96
UPDATE: It seems I have a few months before this boat must go. The new owner of the property has graciously given me more time to remove it.

I am looking at your photo and maybe I'm just speculating or freaking out a bit but when I restored mine, I customized the white paint on the deck and hulls. You can kind of see it in the middle pic. I've looked at many pics of these online and none of them have that white deck pattern...I don't know but this could be the one I parted with that many years ago. My 'Spidy Sense' is going off here lol. Please get back to me. Either way, I'd love to have one of these again.

Here's information on our Catfish restoration. Good luck with your new boat! Alcort Catfish SMEDLEY

View attachment 49378
Excellent reading and video DIY's. Smedley looks great! It turns out that this Catfish certainly is the very same one I restored back in 1990. Unfortunately, the weather isn't co-operating enough for me to do any work on 'er but she's tucked away and on the trailer that I had (perfect fit). I'm itching to get started. It looks as if there really isn't much to replace - just a lot of clean up, prep, and new paint so I'm really happy about that. I guess I'll know more when the weather breaks. I too am restoring a Sunfish. I already have a new sail and rigging for that but now that I have the Catfish, I think I'm going to get on that first. Thanks for the interesting blog - you've given me some good ideas :) Sail On!!

What a great story about getting your boat back so many years later! I have really liked these Catfish ever since Signal Charlie posted photos of Smedley a few years ago. Hope to see it restored in the future.

Back