Carbon Fiber Tiller Extensions

macwas16

Hello all,
I am interested in getting a 48" carbon fiber tiller extension for my Laser and was wondering if anyone would lend any advice. I am currently interested in either an ACME Fatso or Fatso Jr. The Fatso has a 1.25'' diameter and is oval. The Fatso Jr. has a 1" diameter with the oval shape. Supposedly the large diameter oval provides a good feel in the hand and is easily controlled. The Fatso weighs 9 ounces and the Fatso Jr. weighs 7 ounces.

My other choice would be a 48" Ronstan carbon fiber extension whichs weighs just 4 ounces with the usuall thin shaft with a handle.

So what do you guys think? What do you use? What others should I take into consideration?

I use a Fatso Jr, and have a large hand.

I have used the normal 5/8" aluminum with golf grip style as well, the Fatso oval shape just fits my hand better.

Check out the Rooster site, they have more styles as well
Rooster Sailing

I use the ronstan 48" extention and it is really nice. It is light and I have never had a problem with it. The grip is really comfortable. I think it is a better choice that the fatso becuase, i feel, it is better and less expensive

Back