Caprice info?

c14_Joe

Hi all,
Just registered and have a question. I just got a Caprice which appears to be the forerunner of the Capri/Catalina 14.2. The nameplate says Caprice CS15 and is made by Canada Sailcraft in Toronto. Does anyone have any info on this boat: how to rig and/or pictures. It's in fair shape but I'd like to totally refurbish it to "like new". Thanks for any help.
Joe

Somebody here correct me where i am wrong... but Catalina existed LONG before the Capri 14.2. You are dealing with a boat that is similar to the Capri 14.2, not a pre-runner of it.

I'm with SHNOOL on this one; I've done quite a bit of reading on the Capri, and have yet to find any mention of the Caprice.

I believe the Caprice was a big four-door sedan that Chevrolet pumped out in the mid-80's. My grandparents had one, and they constantly made me drive it around town, running them here and there. Not a chick magnet, by any stretch of the imagination...

pic-43005.jpeg

Great post, Ed!

I really like what I've seen on the rigging guide - that's a solid find right there -

Thanks for posting it -

Caprice

Thanks for the info. I downloaded the 14.2 material and the Rigging for Small Boats. Both are a lot of help.
joe

CS 15, Caprice

The caprice was built by CS yachts, formerly known as Canadian Sailcraft of Toronto. They built the CS 22, the CS 27, the CS 30, CS33, CS34, CS36, CS36 Merlin, CS44.
If you need additional information, talk to Ernest Hachborn at 1-519-664-2390.
He has a boat for sale and it is in excellent condition and has probably most of the information that you are looking for.

The Caprice is not the fore runner of the Capri.

Hi all,
Just registered and have a question. I just got a Caprice which appears to be the forerunner of the Capri/Catalina 14.2. The nameplate says Caprice CS15 and is made by Canada Sailcraft in Toronto. Does anyone have any info on this boat: how to rig and/or pictures. It's in fair shape but I'd like to totally refurbish it to "like new". Thanks for any help.
Joe

The boat was made by Canadian Sailcraft and later became CS yachts. If you need information on the boat, how to rig etc, email me a [email protected]. I have all the literature and sailed the boat for many years. I can almost rig it with my eyes closed.

Malcolm

Back