Capri 14.2 Expo Regret?

I find the Expo very interesting with the quick set-up and ease of sailing but I do have a question. Is there anyone out there that has bought this model and then regreted it because there is no jib to trim or misses shaping the mainsail for better speed or has known of someone who did. Being new to this sport I wonder if I might be missing some thing if I bought this model Capri or maybe I'm just over thinking this.

This important part of this question can only be answered b you - what do you want out of sailing? If all I wanted to do is get out on the water and "sail" with minimal effort I would give the Ecpo serious thought for the reasons mentioned above. Personally I prefer a boat with a minimum of two sails and hopefully even more. I enjoy fiddling with the sails in an attempt to get the perfect shape for the given condition which typically results in the most speed. Having a headsail and a main allows you to hone your skills that can be used on the majority of the sailboats in existence.. Just my thoughts...

God luck!

Back