Capri 14.2 Dolly

WayneVT

I'm trying to track down a dolly for my 14.2.....used or reasonably priced new one. So far it looks like the Seitech model 420 is best suited for the 14.2...although at approx $400 new....it's a bit more than I want to spend. Are there other dolly manufacturer's out there? Would appreciate any leads or recommendations. Thx.

I've never used a dolly with the 14.2 but it seems to me that the boat might be too heavy. I'd be careful about handing over any money until you know for sure.

Dolly

We had a Capri 14.2 owner use a dolly for awhile. It worked fine for him, but I tried to move it once and it was a bit of a struggle for me. Of course I'm 68 and only weigh 130 pounds...

Seitech Dolly for 14.2

I have used a Seitech for 5 seasons. Not sure of exact model number - I went with their specification for boat.

Yes it is expensive - however - it is very well designed. Goes together easily every time - I dismantle at least once or twice a year. All hardware nickel? plated - really a nice piece of work.

I use the dolly to haul boat in and out of beach on lake Michigan. (Private beach - just leave the boat on the beach most of the summer on the dolly 30 feet from shore). In very light waves/gradual slope at shore I can pull it myself. In soft sand I can pull it myself. However, usually I have someone - anyone - help me pull it out of the water.

I got the "big wheel" version - due to intended use on sand. I'm sure it would be easy to pull on prepared road.

Weathers well, durable, very fit for its purpose.

Conclusion - I'm happy with it. I recommend it. Since I started using it 3 other boats at my beach have got them.

Neil

Thanks for the helpful info. I'll keep my eyes open for a used Seitech (hoping to save some $$$ for new sails!).....if worse comes to worse, I'll spring for a new one.

Back