Can You Identify This Hull And Maybe Its Owner?

Nick Gilman

I am trying to find the owner of a Laser that washed up in Mantoloking NJ.

The S/N is PSBD 7062F980 and was purchased at the Board Shop in Stamford CT probably in 1998.

The Public works department has had it stored in their yard for a few years.

The hull/sail number for that S/N is 137062. I just googled that sail number and found an old Laser Forum post listing the boat as stolen. Original owner posts here sometimes as 'Beaker', from Rhode Island.I've sent him a PM, but hopefully someone knows how to contact him directly?

The hull/sail number for that S/N is 137062. I just googled that sail number and found an old Laser Forum post listing the boat as stolen. Original owner posts here sometimes as 'Beaker', from Rhode Island.I've sent him a PM, but hopefully someone knows how to contact him directly?

He found me.

thanks
Nick

Wow, proves the power of the Laser Forum. Any way to document the recovery and the probable restoration? As mentioned, hopefully the hull is in workable shape. How was it lost? How far did it travel? What shape is it in? Are they happy to rid the yard of it? Looks like a good story. Congrats to all involved.

The power of the internet leads me to the forum which is amazing in itself. I’ll let Tom, Breaker27, write the story.
Thanks all for the happy ending.
Nick

Definitely nice news. Nick said mentioned the boat looked too good to be trashed so I am optimistic.

My end of the boat story was this.....

A few years back the boat was in my fathers driveway on my old jet ski trailer. The carpenters working on his house moved the boat and trailer across the street to vacant land so they can park closer to the house. I guess the boat was never wheeled back and that was the last it was seen. That was in mantaloking NJ, only a mile from where it has been residing in the works yard.

I guess Nick has the boat aside and I will meet up with him soon to pick it up.

Definitely will keep updates on revival.

Update. My father has picked up the boat. I will head down in a few weeks and grab it to start rebuilding. Need a rudder and sail.

Back