Can someone identify this boat?

Rimann

I'm very new to sailing. Landlocked in the middle of the US but I have some nice windy lakes around. Local search for some used boats for sail led me to these. The one on the left is a Sunfish, the one on the right I think is a laser. But I really know very little about different sailboats so I wanted to confirm the boat in the right of the picture.
received_2680570091971766.jpeg

I'm very new to sailing. Landlocked in the middle of the US but I have some nice windy lakes around. Local search for some used boats for sail led me to these. The one on the left is a Sunfish, the one on the right I think is a laser. But I really know very little about different sailboats so I wanted to confirm the boat in the right of the picture.View attachment 29920
That's laser 1. A little bit bad condition but I think you can repair it as well

Thanks, I think I'm being offered a really good deal for these boats. Just wanted to make sure I knew what it was before driving to see them in person

Well, at least it used to be a Laser... The mast step has been reinforced at the deck in some non-legal way. Also, that rudder isn't a Laser rudder. This is probably ok for purely recreational use, but it should affect the price.

Anyway, it looks like a 1970s boat because of the colours. The sail/hull number or a manufacturing code is embossed either in the transom or under the nonexisting bow eye (that is, between the screw holes near the bow). That should tell you how old it is.

_

He's offering me both of these boats for 200. They belong to a yacht club and they are trying to make room for new boats. Seems like that is a pretty good deal to me. As a first boat purchase i'm not really concerned with how authentic is is as long as I can get it working like a sailboat with minimal money. The sunfish is missing the sail, but the laser appears to have most of the main parts.

A brand new race cut sail is only $125 from Intensity. If the Sunfish hull weighs less than 140 lbs buy them.

Reactions: tag

Back