Can anyone tell me the size of the battens on the stock main?

SHNOOL

Can anyone tell me the size of the battens on the stock main? Folding sails after a lot of fun on the water... Middle batten missing :(

Figured I'd order up a whole set (and an extra middle one)...

I guess if I weren't so lazy I could measure it... Figure someone here will have the info handy though.

PLEASE?

Well... I measured mine, and they are 30", 24", and 18" long. They are 5/8" wide. Evidently I'm missing rubber tips that prevent wear, and I've seen them at West Marine. Hope this helps. I'm a newbie, but thought someone should reply.

need battens

where do you guys find and purchase battens. i need the long bottom one and the other two seem to have something else in the sleeve opposite the open end. is there supposed to be something besides just battens in that sleeve? just bought a capri and dumb about almost everything about it. mine didn't come with a manual. where can i get the right battens???????????

I am lazy, and still haven't purchased my replacement batten. But West Marine (expensive) has them. http://www.westmarine.com

Also, the extra "thing" is probably a "tip." These make the ends of the batten, slightly thicker, and therefore keep them in the sail better, and are usually made of teflon, or some other slippery plastic, to keep from poking a hole in the sail, or getting snagged while putting them into the pocket.

Thanks for guilting me into buying a replacement.

Looking to step up to a larger boat, and although my replacement parts from catalinadirect are coming this week, I just don't really want to get anything else for this boat right now.

Looking to step up to a larger boat, and although my replacement parts from catalinadirect are coming this week, I just don't really want to get anything else for this boat right now.

Say it ain't true...figures, reminds me of Home Depot, as soon as they get someone who has half a brain, they promote them.
Let us know when you go, we'll get you a cake. :p

The process and the mindset of moving up would be interesting to see/hear.

more battens info

fyi battens costs are all over the board. i did some shopping. here's what i found as of 8/19/08.

set of battens( all 3) from catalina parts.....................................................$ 12.50
set of battens( all 3) from catalina direct.....................................................$ 19.85
1 batten special order from west marine......................................................$ 13.00
you decide.

the extra piece in the batten sleeve is a piece of elastic stuff that is supposed to push back on the batten to keep the batten tight in the sleeve, if it's not worn down. that's from the tech dept at catalina. how the hell to get it out to check it is a mysery to me.

waterhead, still haven't sent out for my battens... on top of that... I am still with the little rocket.

Catalinadirect is usually pretty cool, and always inexpensive... also always pretty slow (I think they would rather sail then work - wait me too!)...

Anyway West Marine Gift Certificates work too!

Bobs: If I knew what I was doing, I think maybe I'd have not been sailing last week on 55 degree water! ehheheh.

Back