Cam cleats mounted outboard

wboettch

I'm thinking of mounting cam cleats outboard from the mainsheet block on my Windflite. I'll only be doing recreational sailing and the mainsheet block is not a ratchet. I know I've seen pictures of this arrangement somewhere, with the cam cleats wedged in one direction. Can anyone tell me where I might find pictures of this hardware arrangement?
Many thanks,
B

It is probably heresy to suggest joining another forum, but the Sunfish_Sailor group in Yahoo (groups.yahoo.com) has a lot of good pictures posted on this topic. Once you are joined up and signed in, search "cam cleat" and you will see a lot of discussion, plus pointers to the photos section.

Hope this helps.

It is probably heresy to suggest joining another forum - - -
I see the two forums as complimentary in support of Sunfish and sailing. Lots of boats have multiple owner support groups. Have you noticed the two cross-reference each other constantly. Don’t know how that could be heresy. I for one am a member at both as well as Sunfish East & Gulf Coast and Sunfish Midwest and I visit the regional class sites and Starboard Passage, not to mention Sunfish on My Space, Face Book, YouTube, and more. Good information to be found at all.

Back