Calling on all experts

g1gaumond

Last week-end I was out with one of our new members, who just bought (used) a dinghy sailboat, I could not find any identification plates etc to find out what model it is, locally we are all baffled by his boat.

It is very similar to a 420 or 470, it is from the '70's era and his mainsail carries a logo that looks like what we thinl could be a fox or a Bat, depending how many beers you had! :cool:

Search the net without much luck, let's see if you can help us.

The attached sketch is the best recollection I have from what it looks.

Cheers,

Ghislain

Attachments

• dinghy sailboat.jpg
    dinghy sailboat.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 39
Last week-end I was out with one of our new members, who just bought (used) a dinghy sailboat, I could not find any identification plates etc to find out what model it is, locally we are all baffled by his boat.

It is very similar to a 420 or 470, it is from the '70's era and his mainsail carries a logo that looks like what we thinl could be a fox or a Bat, depending how many beers you had! :cool:

Search the net without much luck, let's see if you can help us.

The attached sketch is the best recollection I have from what it looks.

Cheers,

Ghislain

Did it maybe look like this?

moz-screenshot-6.png
Hall.jpg

bravo Pif le Chien,

That's the one a Fennec, the design and logo are the same....now I can research a bit more on it.

Surprising to see a French built and design unit on this side of the pond!

thanks to all.

Ghislain

Have just seen the above and only 7 years and 1 day late!
In about 1963/64 I was at the Wheathamstead, Herts, factory of Helmets Ltd. You can guess what they made!
A French company developed a plastic material which they used under licence. leading to further liaison whereby Helmets purchased completed hulls which were then completed over here.
About that time they were due to deliver a boat to Holland or Belgium, a task for which I volunteered - my imagination didn't develop for a few more years. Not sure what the outcome was.
Helmets Ltd sold about 200 Fennecs.

I also have seen your post, 7 years too late! I used to own one in the '70s/early 80s,and tow it down to Rock/Padstow before the area became Chelsea on Sea. The two piece mast was a great convenience although it would not have been much use for racing. Taught the kids to sail and gave it to our son's school when I left the area. What happened to it, I know not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back