C14.2's in the Central Valley

RC14A

I am searching for any other C14.2 owners in the Central Valley. I currently sail at Millerton , Kaweah, and Huntington Lakes. Always fun to sail with others.

Rob

I sail in Ventura Harbor, 30 miles south of Santa Barbara, if you ever want to pull the boat down here, I could show you around the harbor. A while ago there was a post from someone who's homeport was Huntington Lake.

Thanks Greg, Sounds fun. What is your weather like in the winter? Seems around here that when the fog and cold rolls in, the wind leaves us.

If you ever get the chance you have to try Huntington in the summer, its home to the High Sierra regatta in July and it is quite the experience to sail in an Alpine setting.

Rob

C14.2 #1174

Hi Rob,

As you can see from my location, I'm probably the one gregwcoats is referring to. I'm in Fresno and have a cabin at Huntington Lake.

I'm a newbie, just bought my Capri 14.2 mod 3 about a month ago -- just in time to cover it up, so it has yet to see Huntington, at least with me at the tiller.

I'll be up there a soon as they turn the water back on in our tract, around mid-May. I hope we can meet up. I'll want to pick your brain about sailing at Millerton.

Great! I know of 4 now in the area , my old one , my new one , a friend who has Omega 14 and now you . We will all have to get together for a sail .

Rob

C14.2 #1174

Here's a 5th. I live in Modesto, which may be a little far north. I sail mostly at Woodward Reservoir near Oakdale. Just bought my Capri in September and have had it in the water only twice - I'm a newbie too. I drove by Huntington Lake last summer on the way to and from a backpack trip and thought it looked like a nice place to sail. Perhaps we can get together next year.

Dave

Great Dave! What's it like sailing up there? Have you ever been to Yosemite Lake in Merced , I think they have a Yacht club there .

Rob

C14.2 #1174

Sailing in the Modesto area

As I have not had much sailing experience, I will say the small amount I have done at Woodward has mostly been after work, usually between 6pm and 7:30 when the wind would die down. A few times I had enough wind to hike out on my Hunter 90.

There are a number of other reservoirs within an hour's drive (or so), the most notable being Lake Don Pedro and New Melones. Maybe next year. There is also the San Joaquin Delta to the north.

Have not been to Yosemite Lake in Merced but I know a guy who keeps his MacGregor 25 there in the summer. One of these days I would like to commit a whole day to sailing - just too many "honey-do's".

Dave

Back