Buying a 2nd hand Laser

NickolasG

Hey all! As we all know in Athens comes Radial Europeans in about 28 days, there will be 400+ sailors and I'm about to get some boat for myself. Because club's boats are in very bad condition.
F.e every boat has broken mast step and takes too much water. Plus I wanna get my own spars and foils(club's ones are in bad condition too unfortunately) because I just came from 4.7 to Radial and need to buy new bottom mast for radial, but I hope that I'll be able to take all together from somebody.
What's your opinion about it and for what price should I be ready if boat will be around '13-'17?(in €)

Whatever you do: this is the moment to buy one. There are only a few new Lasers from the UK left. So prices for a good second hand Laser will start to rise.

Best thing you can do is a trip to the West: north of Italy, Germany, Austria, France or hop over to us: Netherlands. Even here I get the question “ do you happen to know a good Laser for sale?”

Menno

Here is a link to a Dutch market-place

≥ Vind laser zeilboot op Marktplaats.nl

Whatever you do: this is the moment to buy one. There are only a few new Lasers from the UK left. So prices for a good second hand Laser will start to rise.

Best thing you can do is a trip to the West: north of Italy, Germany, Austria, France or hop over to us: Netherlands. Even here I get the question “ do you happen to know a good Laser for sale?”

Menno

Here is a link to a Dutch market-place

≥ Vind laser zeilboot op Marktplaats.nl
About last question. At least I gonna know the year, and I think that one owner can't do same damage as 20-30 sailors to 1 boat that's 20 yrs(around) then I'd like to check general condition f.e mast step, hope for centerboard, rudder locks etc and of course check for scratches/holes/repairs. And after to check all spars, fittings and foils. That's it(probably). If you know something else, give me few advices

Back