bum rides on other peoples dingys in SF bay

tackho

Hi all!

I just joined.

I’ve been sailing Lasers (mostly non-race) since the ‘70’s and OPBBs (Other Peoples Big Boats) since the ‘80’s (mostly race) all in the San Francisco bay area. Lasers are great bit I’d like to bum rides on other dingys. I was wondering if there is anyone in my area whom I could bum a ride (other then Lasers) with and buy a beer for?

George

Hi Karen,
Thanks for your reply!
I know about Cal Sailing and am considering joining to learn sailboarding. I used to teach sailing on Lasers way back in the late '80's / early '90's, so I'm talking with them about doing some teaching too.

Richmond yacht club has a fleet of 29ers (and maybe 49ers) and I want to try to get onboard with them too.

Whishing you good winds! George

You could try asking at the Richmond yacht club? Or maybe there's a 29er page. Or sailing anarchy. Gee I hope you can teach roll tacking, sailing in the bay you learn really good defensive skills, but those really aren't racing skills. I'm always jealous of kids who learn young and have constant training.

Hi Karen,

I forgot to mention, I was at RYCs annual open house a few weeks ago and may have made a few leads

I didn’t think about a 29er website. Thanks for mentioning it! Maybe they have a forum too.

In my opinion, light air sailing is what separates the “men form the boys”, and role tacking (and role jibing) is just one part of light air sailing. There are steps to learn, but after that, it’s just practice…practice…practice…practice……

George

Back