Bridle Replacement

Trueke

I have read in several threads that, as long as I'm not interested in keeping my fish class legal, I can use a line to replace the bridle. Mine was the older 3-loop style. Any info on the length and thickness of the line? Any pictures of these?
Thanks in advance.

I have read in several threads that, as long as I'm not interested in keeping my fish class legal, I can use a line to replace the bridle. Mine was the older 3-loop style. Any info on the length and thickness of the line? Any pictures of these?
Looks just like the "no loop" bridle except there are knots tied around the eyestraps. 3mm, 4mm line whatever you'd like to use.

The Sunfish Bible , p 49, 31" +/- 1" just to keep it class non-legal ;)

Also found described and pictured in any of the Sunfish/Laser setup manuals, back when it was legal. Probably in a Windward Leg back issue from the early 1990's as well.

Some people added optional stop knots about 6" up from each eyestrap to limit travel, but I never figured out if there was any benefit to doing this.

Just measure your old bridle for the length*. Any non-stretch line that passes through the eyestraps will do. 3/16", 5 mm or 1/4" (a bit thicker) in diameter should be OK. There is no need for the loop in the middle

*The length will depend on whether you want a continuous line or a line that is tied to the eyestraps. My 'official' bridle (tied to the eyestraps) is slightly over 2' (would need to buy 3').

Back